The next online pub quiz will be on Wednesday 6 May at 19:30 UK time / 20:30 Brussels time.
What you need
- A computer with a webcam and microphone.
- A brain.
How it works
- At the time appointed, go to https://meet.jit.si/namethatpasta and say hello. If you need a password, it is pubquiz.
- Each player or team gets a Google Sheet for writing their answers.
- Questions are read out over the cam (or there might be picture rounds, music rounds or whatever — see ‘questions’ below).
- Then everyone swaps Google Sheets. The answers are read out and everyone marks someone else’s answers.
- Highest score wins.
- Each willing player or team will contribute one round of 10 questions on a single theme.
- The quiz will run to a maximum of 7 or 8 rounds, so in case we get a lot of participants, be ready to reduce your questions down to 5.
- No need to submit questions in advance — just have them ready on the night.
- Rounds can be standard questions, picture rounds, music, video… take advantage of the online format if you like!
- Interesting themes are welcome, but don’t specialise too much — go for a standard trivia quiz/pub quiz type vibe, and don’t expect specialist knowledge on any subject.
- Each question must be worth 1 point, so 10 points per round — no multiple-point questions.
- Please remember that players might be from different countries, so don’t expect a common cultural background (e.g. no questions requiring you to have grown up in Britain!).
- If you want to play but don’t want to contribute a round, that’s ok too.
You can play on your lonesome or with a few teammates.
If you form a team, you can either be crowded around one webcam or spread across a few. If it’s the latter, figure out some way you can discuss your answers with each other without everyone overhearing you — maybe set up a team whatsapp group in advance?
If you play solo, you get a 10% bonus to your score. If you play in a team of 2, you get a 5% bonus. Bigger teams get no bonuses.